This fruit pizza is the perfect summertime dessert to share at your next BBQ or get together with family and friends. If you’re pressed for time, premade sugar cookie dough can be used as well.
- ½ cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 1 ½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon almond extract
- 1 large egg
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- ½ teaspoon cream of tartar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
Cream Cheese Frosting
- 8ounces cream cheese, softened
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1 ½ cups powdered sugar, sifted
- Assorted fresh or frozen fruit
MAKE THE SUGAR COOKIE
- In a large bowl, beat together the butter and sugar until light & fluffy.
- Add in the vanilla extract, almond extract, and egg and continue beating until combined.
- In a medium bowl whisk together the flour, baking powder, cornstarch, cream of tartar and salt.
- Carefully beat the flour mixture into the butter mixture.
- Form the dough into a large round disc, cover with clingfilm and place in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- When ready to bake, preheat the oven to 350F degrees.
- Line a 12-inch pizza pan with parchment paper or very lightly grease and flour.
- Using a floured rolling pin or your palms, roll out or press the sugar cookie dough into a large circle on your pizza pan.
- Leave a border of about 1 inch around the cookie – do not roll out/press the dough to the very edges of the pan. It can expand as it bakes.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 13-16 minutes or until the top looks set and the edges are just starting to turn golden.
Allow to cool fully before frosting.
MAKE THE FROSTING
- In a medium bowl, beat together the cream cheese and butter until very soft.
- Slowly beat in the powdered sugar until your desired sweetness level is reached.
- Frost the cooled cookie using a flat-edge knife.
- Decorate with fresh fruit such as strawberries, kiwi slices, and blueberries.
Recipe courtesy of ohsweetbasil.com